Cute piggybank image to reflect the law type Property - Residential

What disbursements will I have to pay to buy or sell a house?

Buying or Selling a house

Buying and selling property

Solicitors or lawyers that you use to buy or sell a house will incur additional costs, which they will pass on to you, with other parties. These may include search fees to find out about things like rights of way or restrictions on the property. Land Registry fees to register the transfer of ownership will be necessary and the big charge is often stamp duty. These additional charges are usually called disbursements and can add a lot to the final amount which you will have to pay. Sometimes the disbursements will be more than the lawyers own fee, so it’s always worth finding out at the beginning of the transaction what they will be. Your solicitor or lawyer should be able to tell you.